Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dave Grohl + QotSA = Awesomeness

If you're like me, you follow Queens of the Stone Age and pretty much anything Josh Homme and have heard that they are recording a new album.  While this alone would be reason to celebrate, my recent obsession with Google Alerts has made me privy to the news that for their 6th album, QotSA will reunite with an old member of the band.  Yes, the one and only Dave Grohl will once again pick up his sticks and be drummer for the upcoming album.

For those of you who don't know, Grohl previously drummed for QotSA's album, "Songs for the Deaf."  He has also toured with them a few times and was drummer for my favorite version of their song "Avon."  It also consistently competes for my favorite QotSA song at any given time.

"Songs for the Deaf" had some of my favorite songs and I really hope getting him back on the drums will mean a killer next album.  Thank you for your work Joey Castillo, but Dave Grohl is back!

If you need to sate your hunger for either Homme or Grohl (or John Paul Jones for that matter), check out Them Crooked Vultures if you haven't.  I had a lot of fun listening to that album and would be happy to get some more of those vibes in the unnamed upcoming album.

No comments:

Post a Comment