Monday, October 29, 2012

Music Mondays!

If you're like me, your music tastes ebb and flow with the tides of Saturn's moon system.  I tend to binge on a band for a few weeks to a couple months and then tone it down and fold them into my regular music interests.  My favorite band has been and continues to be Queens of the Stone Age.  Since they are recording a new album! I need something to distract me until then.

As much as I enjoy listening to music, I tend to know very little.  Music trivia is probably my biggest weakness in "pop culture" terms.  I can sing along with all sorts of music, but don't ask me to identify the singer or discuss who the greatest drummer of all time is.  Since I am so naive I rely on friends and/or happenstance to discover new music.  I randomly discovered Hot Hot Heat off a soundtrack from a video game, and Black Veil Brides was an opener to an Avenged Sevenfold concert.

The song that has been stuck in my head (besides Gangnam Style, damn that song), is "Like a Stone" by Audioslave.  Still, one song only lasts for so long. As such, I reach out to you, the masses that are the Internet.  If you know of any lesser-known bands that I should listen to this week, leave me something in the comments below.  I think I'm overdue for a new music phase and what better time to start than a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment